Awaiting the birth of our first is proving to be more than this antsy dad-to-be can handle.
So what do I do to pass the time? Buy a house, of course. Well not exactly yet... we're in "due diligence." ...but we're close to being home owners.
So, Kel and I are just gluttons for anxiety. We're trying to get all the "firsts" knocked out in one year. First Baby - First Home ...and actually, I'm looking into cosmetology & aroma therapy trade schools for a refreshing career change. Those of you who know me - understand that last one was completely false.
So what do I do to pass the time? Buy a house, of course. Well not exactly yet... we're in "due diligence." ...but we're close to being home owners.
Wait, did that just say 'due'?? who said 'due'?
So, Kel and I are just gluttons for anxiety. We're trying to get all the "firsts" knocked out in one year. First Baby - First Home ...and actually, I'm looking into cosmetology & aroma therapy trade schools for a refreshing career change. Those of you who know me - understand that last one was completely false.
But yes - we had our 3rd pre-natal appointment the same week we signed our offer to the seller. And while the home purchase moves at what seems to be a glacier's pace, I do realize this is our pregnancy blog, and you all tune-in week after week to see what's new on that front - so I suppose I should fill you all in.
10:13 a.m. March 9th, 2010 we heard,
"Wompa ...Wompa ...Wompa ... Wompa ... Wompa"
...from the sonogram machine.
"Wompa ...Wompa ...Wompa ... Wompa ... Wompa"
...from the sonogram machine.
To the untrained ear or to those of you, new to reading onomatopoeia - that's the heart beat of the 20 week-old little bundle that has graduated from Our Little Gummy Bear to ...well Our bigger Gummy Bear. Sounds as if he/she is running a marathon in there ... must take after mommy and her affinity for the LA Fitness elliptical machine. While on the topic - or question - of 'are we having a male or female runner?'
That answer, our dear readers, will have to wait.
Kel and I have decided NOT to find out the sex of the baby but rather place that little nugget of info in an envelope.
...and we have asked the producers of the Amazing Race to hold that envelope at the end of a long and circuitous route around world with a myriad of clues, hints & physical challenges peppering the way - so that the only possible way we could have a chance of finding out the sex of our baby is to circle the globe ...solving the puzzles and following the clues.
OR we could just call Dr. Huffman's office anytime.
...and we have asked the producers of the Amazing Race to hold that envelope at the end of a long and circuitous route around world with a myriad of clues, hints & physical challenges peppering the way - so that the only possible way we could have a chance of finding out the sex of our baby is to circle the globe ...solving the puzzles and following the clues.
OR we could just call Dr. Huffman's office anytime.
There you go folks - by our next blog, your questions of whether Kelly will seriously injured Kevin will be answered - tipping him out of bed in an attempt to get more pillows for back support. Kevin may learn his rightful place in this journey...by Kelly's side, of course ...but on the couch at night.
Have you bought her a body pillow yet?
ReplyDeleteYep - got the body pillow - but it only helps on the front side! I may have to buy a pregnancy wedge pillow soon!
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing and I love the new photo so cute. It looks like it must be getting warmer in GA and more like spring. I'm so excited about the house too!! God is so good and so Faithful. love you,Heather
ReplyDeleteGlad all is well. So it looks by next year you will have all the anchors to reality in place ... A Marriage, a Mortgage and a Child. I sure hope so, anyway. We who have them all complain but would not want it any other way. I'm really proud of you guys ... you are the best!
ReplyDeleteUncle Joe
P.S. Keep those palm leaves fresh for when I come back to Atlanta in August ... I'm just sayin ...