Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Adventure Is Out There!

Hello friends and family!

30 weeks begins today! And 4 years of marriage will be marked this Friday! Can't believe it - really - we can't believe it!! Apparently there's only 70 days left until the due date. The house is coming along nicely - finished the sun room last night - so we just have the guest room, master, nursery, living room and yard to do!!! THAT'S ALL! We are really enjoying every moment there - we are both exhausted but know this is just a season of disorder and that it will all come together soon. Praise the Lord!

Kevin and I are settling in nicely and I am throughly enjoying cooking in my double ovens!!! The animals are slowly adjusting too - they are getting more and more social with us in the house as each day passes.

Thank you to all the lovely people who came to our first baby shower this past Saturday, 5/22. Cindy and Hollie Lawing threw us a beautiful shower in Villa Rica and it was so nice to gather and participate in funny games - enjoy awesome food and celebrate this little life with everyone.

29 Weeks/5 Days

Kevin loves his "I love my daddy" lion

I went to a checkup last week and am measuring 30 cm - was just a little bit bigger than where I should have been last Friday. Kevin heard the baby's heart beat Sunday night just by placing his ear to my belly. Now, we can also feel and see the elbow(s) and heel(s) poking around my belly. There are swift jerky movements that we can also see. The birthing class is going well - we're now discussing the stages of labor - I'm really looking forward to transition (NOT).

Kevin is heading into PBA's TV pledge at the station beginning the day before our anniversary and I am in the throws of VBS 2010 at Apostles. Over 660 children and 230 volunteers will be in attendance. This is a crazy time of year for both of us!

We'll know whether to buy pink or blue in about two weeks - June 5th we'll reveal the gender of our bambino...this little one is currently about 3 pounds and total length is about 17 inches (I'm still not sure how he/she is fitting in there).

We love you all -the updated belly shot is above - taken at the shower Saturday. I promise we will get a better one of the belly and the family soon!
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the update! And the sweet messege! I forwarded it to Jon's cell so hopefully he'll hear it when he is done with his mission in a week or so! Any chance you want to skype us in for the big gender reveal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful, funny and very interesting shower for sure. Just try pinning a diaper on a small baby doll with one hand and see how you do!! Yeah!! Our orange & blue play-dough baby won!
    Kelly you are more beautiful every day !
    Your dad and I are looking forward to loving and holding our new grandchild and being part of your new family.
    Love you,
    soon-to-be Nana ,aka Mum,aka Kelly's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great in that sundress!! I'm glad it's working for you! love you both!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay, I just have to tell you this Kelly. I'm sitting in my living room at about 7:50 p.m. listening to the Carpenter's and looking at these photos, really wishing I could be there to give you a back massage or something, touch your belly and bless that baby. I miss you. I love you. Tearing up here. I can only guess at the next time we will be together. And I will surely enjoy time in your home with you and Kevin, Nani, Luca, and baby :) whatever room of the house and however disordered it is, a hot cup coffee will be delicious if I'm drinking it with you. So, let's "sing, sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong, sing of good things not bad, sing of happy not sad ..." we won't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear :)

    ReplyDelete