Kevin and I weighed Liam this weekend and figure he's at least 17 pounds...he's only 15 weeks as of yesterday and just keeps growing. Everyone keeps telling me that this is what happens for the rest of his childhood - but to actually see the changes day by day is incredible...I told Kevin I'm going to stop feeding him so he'll stop growing (I'M KIDDING OF COURSE)...
A few milestones - he is making a full spectrum of noises and sounds (including new toots everyday) - Liam has been a gassy boy since birth. He's now very ticklish on his belly, feet and underarms (new within the last week). He loves hearing himself cough, laugh, and seeing himself in any mirror. Grandpa tickles his feet with his wickers and this is probably Liam's favorite thing at the moment. Of course he loves mommy's ridiculous non-rhyming songs too. The latest one is "Liam, Liam, where's my Liam - where is he and what's he doin' I can hear him laughin' and tootn'" or Kevin's favorite - sung to the tune from the Wizard of Oz "Rub dub here, rub dub there and a couple of la-di-das, that's how we laugh the day away in the merry ol' land of Skell, toot toot here toot toot there and a couple of la-di-das that's how we laugh the day away in the merry ol' land of Skell, brush brush here, brush brush there" - I think you get the idea - insert any silly action verb and you will make Liam laugh with this one! {By the way, if anyone thinks of something that rhymes with la-di-das that's a fun make believe place - let me know and I'll pay you with snickerdoodle cookies this Christmas!!!}
Anyways, I digress!!! What else is new! This is happening more and more since the delivery of our beautiful boy! How long does pregnancy brain last? Well into your 90's???
We had his 3 month pictures done last Friday and the photographer said he did very well for a 3 month old. Usually they are squirmy and fussy, but Liam was just eatin' in up - smiling for the camera and laughing, gurgling. See below for a few proofs - you will literally melt!
He is too big for size 2 diapers now and too small for size 3 - so we are putting the 3's on him tightly - looks very funny indeed - he would kill us if he saw how far up his torso they go!
Well, friends and fam - just wanted to catch you up a bit...tune in because I'm going to try to give weekly updates to document this sweet boys' life.
In closing for today - what I can say is that Kevin and I are having an absolute blast with this little guy - we can't believe we made such an intuitive ball of cuteness - God is molding us and sculpting us into more patient and loving people just by being in Liam's presence. I'm learning the true meaning of having faith like a child - their joy and laughter is a direct reflection of the joy and laughter from the Lord - I know the Lord speaks to Liam in his sleep and during the day - because when I look at him there is such a peace and happiness and audible coos coming out - as if God is making him laugh and sprinkling love onto Liam in his dreams!!! As a mother this is absolutely sweet to see first hand!!!
Love you all and here is to a simplified, sweet and giving holiday season with friends and family!
Mom Skell

No comments:
Post a Comment