Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spitting Milk!

Last night Liam was very sleepy once I got him home from Nana and Grandpa's house. I started feeding him, then had to wake him up to bring him to the kitchen for rice cereal time ("Rice Rice Baby seems to be the perfect song for this"). Went back to finish feeding him in the fireside room and he got into this strange goofy spell. He was blabbering, laughing, giggling and very ticklish...so mommy fed right into all that...

After getting myself a huge glass of milk (I LOVE MILK so yummy and good for you) I went back to sit down with him. I had him up on my shoulder trying to get a burp out of him and every once in awhile I'd lean over to do the "licky chicken" tickle on his neck - did your mom ever do the licky chicken to you? Well, mine did - that and the basketball would make us laugh sooooo hard...I'll tell you about the basketball later on.

Anyways - I digress - so, I am leaning over to take a BIG/HUGE drink of milk (gotta get what you can while you can) and Liam quickly leans to my left cheek and starts giving me the licky chicken and giggling at the same time - in a split second I spit all the milk out of my mouth and everything around us was soaked...blanket, burp cloth, my jammies, his jammies, the end table, lamp, remote, Bible, journal - EVERYTHING. We sat there together and just laughed and laughed...of course he had just been changed into DRY, CLEAN jammies...

Now - that was a moment that I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt..."This mother thing is a blast - it may be an interesting ride, but I'm going to make the most of each 'new' adventure" including getting my face sucked on and bathing in 2% milk!!!! It's the simplicity of spontaneous fun that makes life so enjoyable... 

Love you all - enjoy the pic below of Liam on a random furniture hunt with us a few weeks back - we were successful in finding a beautiful computer desk on sale!!! Here he is posing with the Serta lamb on a quite comfy $1400 mattress! No, we did not get it for him, but he did leave his mark on it - nice drips of drool from all his teething...

We love you sweetie - our lives will never be the same!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there...
    yes, I do remember the 'licky chicken' what fun it is to make your kids laugh at your silliness. Funny thing is that I have been doing it to Liam for awhile now because when you hold him you can't help but want to gobble him up with lots of loving. Liam is such a happy little guy, I can't wait for the family to meet him in July.
    Love, Nana

    ReplyDelete