Friday, February 25, 2011

Nearly 7 months!

Liam at the First Robotics - Kimberley Clark Corp. Playing with the obstacle course props!

Thank you Lord for each day - for it is a gift to know and love you and to share your love with our sweet little boy and others around us!!!!!

Auntie Heather is is town from Cambodia for Missions Festival!!! If you want to see and visit with her come to the 10:30 service at Mount Paran North this Sunday 2/27 - Mark Rutland is the visiting pastor...Heather will be speaking to the Journey Sunday School class at 9:00am Sunday morning and then we'll welcome all the missionaries for the 10:30 service. I will be carrying an international flag in an awesome processional to welcome them home!!! We were missing you sweet sister!!! Welcome home!!!

Now for an update on the little (I mean big) guy! Sweet Liam Brendan!!!

Today (2/25/11):
20.4 lbs (all I need is a luggage scale and a big receiving blanket)
29 3/4 in long (just need a small fabric measuring tape)
46 1/2 cm head circumference (")

So, the little guy is talking up a storm, been sitting with no support for several weeks, he loves bouncing, kicking, giggling, stretching, biting, drooling (I'm sure he can't help the drool!)....

We are pretty well into a set routine now (it will probably change soon :). Wake up 5:00am - start getting ready for work, then daddy gets up and changes diaper and leaves Liam in jammies. I am usually ready for work by 5:30am, daddy brings me the little guy and I nurse, vitamin D, iron, sometimes tylenol (for the teething pain). Burp throughout...Liam lays down for short sleepy time. Daddy gets ready for work. Daddy gets Liam ready for the day, some milk, changes of clothes, burp clothes, teether toys (usually ready to go the night before), mommy's home made purees (organic apples/oranges, chicken, carrots, sweet potatoes, etc.) we've been throwing in more protein with the Earth's Best turkey or chicken dinners (part of his lunch and dinner time meals). Daddy gets Liam up - daddy loads the little guy, and Lucca in the car. Usually off to Nana's by 7:15...Daddy hits a bit of traffic on the lovely 75S interstate...

Liam gets to Nana's sleeps a bit more (if not feeling playful), has milk and banana puree around 10:00am, plays, sleeps, has milk then chicken or turkey dinner, then milk, the plays and sleeps. Wakes up plays, has milk then plays some more...mommy leaves work around 5:15 or so - battles traffic up 75N. gets to Nana and Grandpa's - picks up Liam and Lucca - we head home. I nurse, then he gets the other half of the Earth's best jar, fruit puree and ends nursing. Bed time is usually around 8:00pm (after fun bath time - once every other day or so)...shew....mommy and daddy collapse around 9:30 or later...

Right now Liam recognizes his name so we say it often. We point and say DaDa, MaMa, Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Auntie, Uncle, Lucca, Nani, doggy, kitty, etc.

He is noticing random things too...

Last night he saw my wedding band on my finger - wouldn't stop staring at it. This morning while being burped he tried to turn all the way around to stare at my feet (I was moving them around to music). He is focusing intently at things he never noticed before - so cool!!! His little brain can be seen working in his expressions and gurgling/talking....what will he do next???

Enjoy some photos below. As soon as he wakes up we're off the get Lucca's nails clipped and go to buy a Graco Jump in Jive doorway jumper - so excited about this because it has a musical mat that goes beneath it...how did we ever survive being raised without all these crazy contraptions...I remember seeing slides of my siblings and I playing with cereal boxes and wooden spoons!!!! Did you get that last part - SLIDES - you know like a projector and a screen - kids probably don't even know what that is :-)

All our love to you and your families! Enjoy the chirping birds and the beautiful weather we're getting in GA!!!

Daddy and Liam playing with Purply Bear

Explosion of patterns and colors!


 Meeting Auntie Heather for first time at Hartsfield!!!
First day Auntie is in town from Cambodia!

Are you serious - I don't want chicken - I want apple-banana puree!

Toesies after bath time!

We're at a Cuban restaurant and Liam has to eat sweet potato/turkey puree
 ...he did get some rice though!

Safety goggles to be worn at all times - Robotics Training... 

Play time with Lucca on 2-25-11

Lucca LOVES it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment