Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Update on the Skelly's

Liam will be 18 months old on February 2nd. We will be taking him in for his check-up with the pediatrician on the 2nd. Since we have delayed all of his vaccines up until this point we will probably think about giving him one at this next appointment. As of a few weeks ago Liam fully recognizes where all of his body parts are - just can't identify his bum as quickly (I think because he can't see it). Other than that he knows his fingers, hands, feet, toes, head, hair, knees, legs, belly, bellybutton, arms (muscles of his arms too), nose, eyes, cheeks, chin, ears and some other parts :). He identifies animals and objects in the books we read him at night and we are almost finished reading the Jesus Storybook Bible with him...you loves the Goliath pages!!! His favorites right now are The Giving Tree, Goodnight Moon, The Going To Bed Book, It's time to sleep my love, Richard Scarry books, Does a Kangaroo have a mother too?, A Color of His Own...

We went outside last night and Liam loves discovering things on the ground in in the sky...he got a ride in the wheel-barrow and helped daddy spread some sand in the yard (there were several hugs pine tree stumps that are finally decomposing so Kevin and Liam filled one in...Liam got a little too curious and ate some sand in the process!

The baby is 27 weeks/ 4 days today...

As for me and the little baby - he is getting stronger and his movements are getting more and more forceful. I am feeling better these days as far as nausea go, but the fatigue is knocking me down. By the end of the day all I can think about is spending time with my boys and my head laying down on my pillow. I feel like my diet has been pretty good - except I'm admittedly not being as careful with organic options as I was with Liam. We do eat organic meat, but other than that I haven't been as picky.

We are in the process of switching providers now - I went to the last consultation this past Monday and we will be delivering at North Fulton Regional. I met with my new midwife and she said I am measuring right on target right now...she told me not to think "bigger" baby, but to think quicker delivery... :)

This week the baby is:

almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.

We are so excited to have this time to prepare for our second little gift and we are cherishing the time we have with Liam before the baby comes!

We love you all and appreciate you so much!

Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment