Monday, February 22, 2010

My Sister & My Growing Belly!!!

Good morning!

Heather arrived back in the States on February 7th and I got to see her that evening!!! We've had some wonderful quality time together...a refreshing hike at Kennesaw Mountain with the 3 crazy dogs (Sar'ee, Sammi, and Lucca), relaxing and visiting together, a night at the Fox Theater, then Heather and Tracy threw a blessing shower for me and the baby last Sunday!!!

Late last week my Uncle Jim and Aunt Becky came in from Wisconsin - so this weekend we got to spend some time with them and celebrated Heather's birthday together last night. Yesterday, we were also blessed to share time with Heather and all the other missionaries from Mount Paran North. A thatched hut was built in the center of the church gym to replicate a typical Cambodian home in the slums. (See the pic below of us in front of the hut).

It's been a sweet time to chat and soak in sisterly love...and talk with her face to face about this whole adventure!

Baby: apparently some time between weeks 16 and 22 I will feel little Skelly move for the very first time. I was told at the blessing shower that it kind of feels like popcorn popping in your belly...

Daddy: Kevin is so sweet and tender to me - and he'll lean down and start talking to the baby "Hey there, are you gettin some exercise in there?" The other day he put his ear up to my belly and swore he could hear the fluttering heart beat - we're going to see if a stethoscope will pick up more...then perhaps he'll let me order the doppler :)

Mommy: I'm going to the doctor this afternoon - been battling a sinus infection and soar throat with over the counter drugs for a week (all stuff I was told I could take). I was advised that if it persisted past a week that I needed to see my primary care for a perscription antibiotic.

Overall we are doing wonderfully and could not feel more supported or blessed!!!

Love you all!
K

1 comment:

  1. I love you Kelly. I was glad to be there with you. It was a real gift from God. love,Heather

    ReplyDelete