Quick update - we saw the midwife last Friday morning. I was right on target measuring 36 cm in the 36th week. The midwife confirmed that bambino is head down with his head locked into the pelvic area (the chances of him turning at this point are slim).
We are completely packed for the hospital minus a few odds and ends. Kevin is going to install the infant car seat today or tomorrow.
I got a really serious contraction this morning at around 3:00am - it was not a Braxton Hicks - but much stronger :). My belly went completely hard, it was a bit painful, and Skelly Jr. stopped moving around as much...not sure what this means...
Baby this week (37):
Huge news this week: You're carrying a full-term baby! If you were to go into labor today, all systems would be a go. Baby's growth slows down dramatically this week. His bones are still soft and pliable and will solidify after he's born. He's busy practicing for "life on the outside," working on his breathing, sucking, sleeping, gazing and peeing abilities. At 37 weeks babies vary in size, but the average length is between 19 and 20 inches and most babies weigh approximately 6 pounds. About the size of an average largemouth bass.
Please pray for patience for Kevin and I - as I'm getting more and more uncomfortable as the hours go by...
Love you all! We'll get an updated belly pic on here soon!

No comments:
Post a Comment