Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 13!!!

Almost the second Trimester...can't nail down whether it begins in week 13 or 14, but I hear I should be getting more energy and stamina!!! Woo Hoo!!!

Under the direction of my dear friend Hollie - Overstock just delivered some awesome classical music for our bambino: we've now got Brahms, Chopin, Debussy, Ravel, Grieg, Mozart and many more...these are wonderful to listen to at night! I also ordered a book titled Baby Bites - I'm going to try to learn some baby food recipes as I don't think I'll be buying Gerber or Carnation off the store shelves!!!

We're getting more and more excited as each day goes by...it means we're getting closer to meeting our new little Skelly!!! Will our bambino be skinny, chunky, bald, freckled, green-eyed, long-lashed, have an inny or an outy...well, only the good Lord knows!!!

Now, about the growth of our precious bambino this week!!!

"Your baby can make a fist and even suck his or her thumb this week—both skills that are über-cute during infancy. If you're really lucky, you might catch a glimpse of baby's thumb sucking on an ultrasound photo. That's a framer! Other exciting developments include:

Your baby's eyelids are fused shut to protect his eyes as they develop. His bones and skull are solidifying and soon itsy-bitsy ribs may appear. (Baby ribs! How cute is that?!) Baby's intestines are finally right where you want them—in his or her belly instead of poking out into the umbilical cord. Baby's tooth sockets are all loaded and ready to pop out baby teeth six or seven months after baby is born (causing baby alot of pain and you a lot of lost sleep).

Who's that singing? Could be your baby: His vocal cords and larynx are completed now. (Perhaps we'll have a singer in the family???)

Your baby-to-be now weighs about 20 grams and is nearly 3 inches long, or about the size of a Nutter Butter."


Courtesy of: http://3dpregnancy.parentsconnect.com/calendar/13-weeks-pregnant.html


1 comment:

  1. I do like the classical music approach, however, Grampa Skelly may try to sneak in a few Clancy Brothers tunes.

    ReplyDelete